SQLWatchmen is not just a another place to work. We provide a culture in which you are free to express yourself and be creative when designing and implementing solutions.
We believe that if we hire great people and treat them well, then they will in-turn treat our customers well. Soft skills are as important as technical skills in order to work here. We are very cautious about who we hire knowing that a single person joining or leaving the team will shift the culture. Therefore, we ask for your patience as you move through our rigorous hiring process.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be processed.
Wanted: Sr. DBA/SQL Developer (Central Austin)
Objective: Are you the go-to person at your shop whom the rest of the team looks to for the answers? Are you the person they depend on to save the day? If so, WE WANT YOU!
Qualities: We are seeking the type of personality who wants to make a real difference. We are not just looking for a DBA/Developer, we are looking for a specific type of person – one who matches who SQLWatchmen is and why our customers love us so much. Soft skills and personality traits are as important as the technical skills.
You are a great fit if you are…
- a person with passion for learning and professional development
- who enjoys working independently to knock out your share of the work
- ready to collaborate with the team to work out the best solution possible, even if the solution is not your own
- eager to assist others to troubleshoot and help solve a challenging problem
- a sharp thinking analyzer
- a very responsible person with a strong sense of personal accountability who takes pride in ownership of their work
- a top-tier, humble yet confidant individual
- keenly interested in producing high level work product
- a consistent worker who produces superior quality of work and who has a strong attention to detail
- looking to be on a team where you can grow each other
Skills & Competencies:
- Monitor SQL Servers and proactively resolve issues.
- Performance tuning (Index tuning and Query tuning).
- Develop HA/DR strategies, and monitor and maintain them. (Cluster, Mirroring, AlwaysOn, Replication, Log Shipping).
- Securing data and access to SQL Server.
- Use SSIS to import data, write calculation Stored Procedures/Views and export data back out.
- Be on-call for emergency coverage in rotation with several other DBA’s.
- When on-call, Respond to text messages within 1 hour.
- Demonstrate advanced technical and T-SQL programming skills.
- Architect and Design new and existing databases and tables.
- Demonstrate advanced technical and programming skills.
- Design, implement, and maintain data warehouses/ODS systems using SQL Server Replication, SSIS, SSAS, and T-SQL scripting
- Work with business stakeholders to create and maintain reports in SSRS using relational & SSAS data sources
This role is very unique and not for everyone. However, it is amazing for the right type of individual.
Position is for a direct W-2 full-time employee only. No contractors or contracting companies.
SQLWatchmen will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Our Company
SQLWatchmen, LLC. has been in business for over 8 years. We are a fast-growing small tech startup environment that is looking for great people to help us sustain our double-digit annual growth.