I’m speaking in Sacramento at SQLSaturday #222 tomorrow! I’m especially fond of Sac since I lived here for 10 years (in Elk Grove) from 1995 to 2005 when we moved to the Austin area. I have many long time friends in this city. I enjoyed a precon by Kalen Delaney (twitter | blog) of SQLServerInternals.com [...]
I’m excited to say that my AlwaysOn session was selected for the South Florida SQL Saturday (in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area). I have never been to this part of FL before so I am quite excited. They scheduled me to speak at the same time as another AlwaysOn session in the next room. Synchronous redundancy. [...]
I am super excited that I was selected to present my AlwaysOn – Finally A Usable ‘Mirror’ session in Redmond, WA. The session is an hour long and is for SQLSaturday 212 on May 18th, 2013. The place will be loaded with SQL Server all-stars, oh and I’ll also be there. Some will be Microsoft [...]
SQLSaturday 107 – Great Success I was excited to go to SQLSaturday 107 for three main reasons. For one, my SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn session was picked and I love giving that one. Secondly, Kalen Delaney (blog| @sqlqueen) was giving an all-day precon on SQL Server Execution Plans: Tuning And Management and I just had [...]
The blog has been quiet over the Winter, so where have I been lately? Simply put: On the road with the SQL Server community! I’ve been doing a lot in the community lately, as well as having our busiest Winter ever with SQLWatchmen. So instead of making a bunch of blog posts about what I’ve [...]
Wes Brown and I just had a very nice meeting with the folks at Experis about them sponsoring the CACTUSS User Group by offering a place to meet for the newly formed Central meeting, which I have the privilege to lead. I really like their style. Very nice people and very eager to help the [...]
We just had our formation board meeting for POSSE (sqlposse.com). Wes, Richard and Mike K. met in person since they arrived early to the monthly user group meeting, while I was conferenced in via phone. We did set the initial executive committee in this first meeting: President – Wes Brown Secretary – Richard Heim Treasurer [...]
We are a Microsoft SQL Server database administration Managed Services and consulting company which specializes in helping smaller and medium sized companies protect and manage their data, as well as tune performance. SQLWatchmen has a staff of 6 employees for round-the-clock part-time monitoring.
If your company runs on SQL Server, but you are unsure if your data is really protected, or if your Disaster Recovery plan is not complete or is untested, then give us a call at (877) SQL-Watchmen and we will help you see where you stand.
About Jim Murphy
- I’m Speaking in Sacramento, CA on AlwaysOn. July 26, 2013
- I’m Speaking in South Florida June 28, 2013
- I’m Speaking in Redmond, WA on AlwaysOn. May 17, 2013
- 2 Reasons Why Failover Could Be Slow May 15, 2013
- Custom Training for EOG Resources May 2, 2013
- SQL Rally 2011 – Awesome Event May 17, 2011
- SQLSaturday 107 Wrap Up April 24, 2012
- DBCC loginfo, VLFs and SQL2000 and earlier. March 24, 2011
- SQLWatchmen Company Lunch January 18, 2013
- S3OLV User Group Presentation – AlwaysOn April 11, 2013
- Jim Murphy: Wow, humbling words. Thanks Nancy and it was grea...
- Nancy Hidy Wilson: Jim (aka sp_SQLMurph), Thank you so much for offi...
- Jim Murphy: Phew! Jokes aside, I'll be happy to drive you ar...
- Jim Murphy: If I can only do 1.5 pushups, I likely can't pick...
- Jim Murphy: It was nice meeting you too! Hopefully, I'll see...
Follow @SQLMurph on Twitter